The previous post on this topic Google+ to Facebook, automated image posting via RSS focused mostly on automating cross-posting of single images from Google+ stream to Facebook and Flickr. The feedback I have received have highlighted that this method is not efficient when cross-posting links or plain text updates to Facebook.
Feature list of the solution includes:
- Fully automated and seamless cross-posting -- create a post in Google+ and it will appear in Facebook
- Allows cross-posting of links, videos, albums, and single photo posts
- It is free (as of July 2013)
To set up you would need:
- A Google+ and Facebook accounts (douh!)
- An IFTTT account with active Facebook channel
- 10 "computer" minutes to set up
- Grab your Google ID into a clipboard
It is a part of the URL of your "View Profile" page.
- Navigate to Google+ RSS Link pipe and paste your GoogleID into "Enter your GoogleID" filed.
- Run the pipe and grab address of the "Get as RSS" link into clipboard.
- Activate IFTTT Facebook channel.
- Reuse the G+ to FB Link shared IFTTT recipe.
- Modify the "Feed URL" by pasting the link obtained in step 3.
- In the "Keyword or simple phrase" enter a keyword of your choice. This will allow to control what is being crossposted.
This will enable cross-posting of links, videos, and albums from your G+ steram to Facebook.
To cross-post single images, steps 2 through 7 must be repeated with the Google+ RSS Photo pipe as the RSS Feed and G+ to FB Photo IFTTT recipe. You will also need to provide a destination Facebook album name for the images.